Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GO ENGLAND!


So England won! Surprised? Sorta. It was amazing though. All through the game I was hoping Slovenia doesn't get a goal, and thank God they didn't. When the world cup started, the boys thought it'll be easy to win. They thought that since the odds are with them, they don't need to play hard. But later on, they understood the deal: It's no piece of cake. It's real. It's difficult. They proved all those cynical wrong, and they wiped the smile off of their know-it-all faces! I was also flipping through the USA VS Algeria game. It's saddening that Algeria didn't make it to the final 16. I mean they played hard to get there; they should have played a little harder - I believe. It's no luck. It's effort and persistence. And England had those two factors. I know I'm not English - or even British. But I love that team. The show these players put on during their games keeps me at the edge of my seat every time. I started liking them because I had a huge obsession with David Beckham and then I became infatuated by Ronney. But now, I admire them. I admire their determination to get to that place they got to 44 years ago. They've got the stamina. They've got the spirit. They just need us to be with them. C'mon England. 

No comments:

Post a Comment