Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Crying, a closer look.



"We can't cry the pain away"



It's like we resort to tears believing it'll make things better. It'll take the pressure off of our hearts, but it doesn't. We cry believing that maybe, just maybe, we'll wake up and realize it's all just a bad dream. We close our eyes shut. We press really hard, and then we open them. We're still there. The pillow is wet. The agony is still there. This act of wailing is our way of fleeing away from reality. Crying takes us somewhere far far away. But then, after just a few moments, just when you think it's all better, the pain returns. & it returns even worse. It's like it never left. I'm not being cynical now. I'm just talking out of experience. I'm the crier when it comes to my friends. I'm the one who weeps whenever anything goes wrong. It's probably a sign of weakness. I don't know.I cry, though, because it's my way of telling myself it'll be okay. For some bizarre reason, crying makes me believe that it'll be fine in no time. Shedding all those warm tears reassures me that it'll all just fade away. However, when the tears dry, I reconnect with reality, and most of the time, reality sucks. Crying is my drug -our drug. It's just like ecstacy; it makes things better for a while, but then it destroys your health for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. ok first of all the background is really disturbing... ba3den crying isn't always a sign of weakness.. its jst a way of expressing emotions and most of the time its relieving.. no it wont change reality but it has a psychological benefit (sometimes). so dont be afraid to cry, bas ma te5diha ta3ji!! :P

    ReplyDelete